Wave Wire Services
HOLLYWOOD — For the first time in more than 60 years, iconic Hollywood restaurant Musso & Frank Grill officially expanded its dining area Nov. 1, introducing four private dining rooms with special access entrances.
“For many years, our customers have been asking for specific types of dining experiences, which inspired us to add new space consistent with the ‘Old Hollywood’ experience Musso’s has perfected,” Musso & Frank head Mark Echeverria, a fourth-generation member of the family of owners, said in a statement. “We are thrilled that now, with these new dining rooms, we are able to accommodate those specific requests.”
One of the new rooms can provide an intimate dining experience for six to eight people. While the other three can be linked and converted into a larger reception hall accommodating up to 50 attendees — with the availability of a red carpet entrance from Hollywood Boulevard.
“The new rooms have an old-school Hollywood feel, as befits a restaurant known as the place where Hollywood deals are made,” Echeverria said. “When you are in our new space, you will feel like it has been there since the beginning.
Main access to the rooms is through private access at the rear of the restaurant, or through the eastern side of the restaurant’s “New Room.” The new rooms occupy space that was previously used for retail shops owned by the family-run restaurant.
The restaurant has survived the coronavirus pandemic. It closed it doors for three months in March 2020 after Mayor Eric Garcetti banned restaurants and bars from providing dine-in services, only to close again Aug. 1, when a surge in coronavirus cases forced restaurants to again switch to take-out orders only.
The restaurant reopened for good on Mother’s Day this year.
Reservations in the new dining areas can be made by contacting General Manager Andrea Scuto and Events Coordinator Tara Thomas at email@example.com, or via the restaurant’s website at mussoandrank.com/private-dining.